The Solivita Book Circle, along with Lifestyles, is sponsoring this year’s Holiday Children’s Book Drive to benefit the students of Loughman Oaks Elementary School in Davenport.
The drop boxes will be located at the Riviera, the Palms and the Bistro starting today and will be removed on December the 6th. You’ve got plenty of time to gather some awesome books this year.
We're accepting cash donations or checks made out to the Solivita Book Circle. Please send them to:
Mary Ann Greco
135 Cupola Loop
Poinciana, Florida 34759
Our librarian in residence, Nan Johnston, suggests the following books (old and new) that any child would enjoy having as their own. (If you wish to purchase the suggested books on line then click on the title below and you'll be directed to Amazon.)
- Ferdinand - Munro Leaf (soon to be a movie)
- Where the Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak
- Caps for Sale - Slobodkina
- After the Fall - Santant (new look at Humpty Dumpty)
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - Dr. Seuss
Early Readers/Read Aloud:
- Magic Tree House books (Recommended by a third grade teacher)
- The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (environmental lesson)
- Little Bear - Else Minark (illustrated by Maurice Sendak)
- Winnie the Pooh - A.A. Milne (all time favorite)
- House on the Prairie books - Laura Ingells Wilder
- Secret Garden - Frances Burnett
- The Hardy Boys - Dixon
- Homer Price - McClosky
- Pippi Longstocking - Astrid Lindgren
- Trumpet of the Swan - E.B. White (Also, Charlotte's Web by White.
- A handful of Stars (Cynthia Lord) award winning book
Also, newly released is: Malala's Magic Pencil by Malala Yousafzi.
If you need more information contact Nancy McNamara at 863-547-4532 or Carole Underwood at 863-496-1107.